Thought I’d share a few responses to a “touch-base” email sent to congregations using Bible Song over the past few years. Art Attack time is Small Group time and many have been developing some very creative things to do during this time. It’s a time of sharing with one another about the theme Scripture for the day and choosing ways to interpret a retelling of the story thorough the arts.
Here are a few examples of those who completed the following sentence: During Small Group/Art Attack time, one of the favorite things to do is…
- make posters on 4foot butcher/ colored paper. All of the parents and kids have to work together and they LOVE showing their creation during show and tell, and then seeing the banners hung in the church!
- create a quilt of the Dr. He Qi art.
- Use Model Magic to create artwork that represents the story.
- copy the black-line master of the He Qi artwork for the day onto watercolor paper and let the kids water color their picture.
- making murals as a group. We usually assign each table group to one part of the mural, then they come together to put it all together. The one of David & Goliath was amazing!
- A fun project we just did was re-building Solomon’s temple using index cards. Each table group had a large stack of blank index cards they could fold in ½ and stack on top of one another to build a temple. They also had to work silently, but also had to work as a group. It was great! And they were amazing.
- to act out the reader’s theaters in pictures then create a slide show to share with the congregation during worship.
If you have ideas and would like to share with others, I’d be happy to send them out to our Bible Song churches.
Please send your words to complete the sentence: During Small Group/Art Attack time, one of the favorite things to do is… to firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks!